2020 GOALS: In Kern the education system supports every student and their family in being successful, healthy, and accessing career or college/university programs.
- Broader understanding of the social determinants of health and health equity
- Coverage, care and community prevention: coverage and care for the remaining uninsured and undocumented; protect and defend Medi-Cal expansion; ACA outreach, enrollment, retention and utilization; improved health literacy, patient activation and consumer empowerment
- Health Care Services: integrated health systems and data sharing for Type II diabetes and behavioral health (ACH); language access; infrastructure to support health career pathways for youth
- Local youth and adult residents have elevated voices for health equity
- Public Health: community-based chronic disease prevention, nutrition, physical activity; Wellness Fund; expanded promotora network; teen pregnancy, and STD prevention programs
- Residents, community groups and health practitioners partner under a shared vision of health equity