2020 GOALS: In South Kern, we promote community environments that have clean air, water, and land that is conducive to a healthy, active lifestyle for everyone.
- Environmental Health and Justice: clean water and air
- Healthy Land-Use Planning: General Plans and other planning documents include a framework for health and equity; farmers markets; infrastructure supporting sidewalks for bikeability and walkability; clean and safe parks
- Increased investment of public dollars to address basic infrastructure (sidewalks, gutters, lighting) inequities in South Kern
- Local youth and adult residents occupy positions of influence and authority
- Residents, public agencies, and community groups partner under a shared vision of healthy community environments